Wednesday 25 March 2015

Facts of Lemons

How much water and lemon?


A glass of water approximately about 120ml to 150ml with half a lemon squeezed into the glass. This is best taken 15 minutes to 30 minutes before breakfast.


Benefits:


Gives your immune system a boost

  • Packed with nutrients; Vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium & fiber
  • It has excellent source of potassium
  • It contains more potassium than apples or grapes

Aids digestions

  • Lemon acts as a cleansing agent in your body
  • Aids in production of digestive juices

Cleanses your system

  • Helps flush out the toxins
  • May assist in weight loss

Helps to keep you skin blemish free & more

  • Helps decrease blemishes / pimples and wrinkles
  • Can be applied to sun burns to reduce the burning sensations
  • If you have a small cut… to heal it faster; wash your hand with some lemon. Why? This is because lemon has antiseptic and coagulant properties. Does it hurts? Yes. 
  • Personal Story: How I happen to know this? I had a cut a few years back, not knowing that I had a small cut. Also I was working behind the bar, so handling of lemons and other fruits are pretty common. While squeezing the lemon, I felt a major sting that I immediately drop the lemon. And does it hurt? Oh ya!! Very! (Tried that, done that & still doing that).
    A normal cut will averagely take about a week plus to heal. After this incident, to me, it healed within 3 to 5 days. Amazing!!

Mood Enhancer

  • The lemony scent has a calming effect
  • Helps to reduce anxiety or depression

Helps to cut out caffeine

  • Morning cup coffee is good
  • Having coffee after lunch, may cause you to be unable to sleep well in the night. Lemon water would be a great substitute to perk you up in the afternoon, and not having the problem of sleeping at night.

Helps fight viral infections

  • Warm lemon water is an effective way to diminish viral infections
  • Such as cold, throat infections, fever & etc
Please take note: Do not consume too much lemon. Lemon is very acidic, if you eat lemon; direct contact with the teeth, please drink a lot of water or rinse your mouth thoroughly. 


Easier & fun way to consume it: Make it into a lemonade. 

Recipe for a simple lemonade (by glass) 

Items needed: Lemons, Soda Water & Sprite


Methods:
  1. Squeeze 1 lemon juice into the glass
  2. Add in ice
  3. Fill up the glass with 50:50 soda water and Sprite
  4. Stir the mixture
For garnish: Place a lemon slice on the rim of the glass or into the glass and mint leaf. 
And you are ready to enjoy your cup of Lemonade =) 









Sources: lifehack.org, organicfacts, Wikipedia, foodmatters

20 comments:

  1. I love lemons... They are an essential part of my life too.... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love LEMON! Can't live without them, especially honey lemon or lemon tea when I have sore throat problem! Thanks for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When life gives you lemon... make lemonade and throw a party. Lol. I love lemons. Especially in my tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemons too but I don't like if its for shower, its really dry up the skin. Shall try the soda lemon drink soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to make my own warm honey lemon. Certainly delicious and nutritious too.Good tips dear!
    http://www.princesscindyrina.com/2015/08/banila-co-clean-it-zero-cleansing-balm.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a problem drinking plain water so I add lemon to it to get me through the day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lemon drinks.. especially when they're with honey.. :) Always think life's like honey lemon... Where sweet and sour always comes together..

    http://cre8tonebabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the main reason why I love lemons! not only for drinking, I use it as method to get rid of my acne!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lemons! They do all the work for you! From facial, to cleaning your microwave, to giving taste to your food. haha

    Cheers,
    Aliza Sara
    www.alizasara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the tip. here's to better health for all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the information, I loves Lemon so much, only the yellow colour...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It become a trend whereby all my colleague out a few piece of lemon in their drinking water. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  13. One small lemon can gives so many amazing benefits, and I always like my water with a slice of lemon too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love drinking honey lemon a lot. haha~ Knew that lemon has a lot of benefits~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! The facts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew about the health benefits of lemon before. Reading your blog post is like revising the stuff that I've forgotten. Thanks for sharing! I wished lemons aren't so expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lemons are always so good especially for diets! But also not cheap to buy too. Well we can't save for good health.

    Xoxo
    Miriam
    Www.miriammerrygoround.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love lemonade as it is really refreshing for such hot weather like Malaysia <3 Its been quite some time I didn't have lemon slices in my drink already as last time my mum love to prepare for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love lemons, I usually just drink a glass of water with plain lemon juice in it every morning

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love love lemonade! I know drinking lemon slices in water daily is healthy but I hate it when my lemons get dry in the fridge

    ReplyDelete